You’ve been hard at work on your website but you just aren’t ready to let anyone see it yet. Lock your website away until you are ready to launch it officially by setting up a fun coming soon page! This tutorial will walk you through how to set up a coming soon page on WordPress and my favorite things to put on the coming soon page to maximize its effectiveness.
Watch & Learn
How to Set up a Coming Soon Page on WordPress
We know everyone learns differently – if you prefer video, please watch the video tutorial above! If you’re someone who likes to read instead, we’ve written the tips out below!
Setting Up The Coming Soon Page
We love the plugin Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by Seed Prod. It is a free plugin (with premium / pro options if you’d like – though not necessary) that can be found right in your WordPress Plugin Directory.
1. Head to your WordPress dashboard
2. Go to Plugins > Add New
3. Search “Coming Soon” and you’ll see the SeedProd plugin!
4. Install & Activate the plugin
5. Head to the settings and adjust as needed!
Designing the Coming Soon Page
This plugin is super easy to work with – and you can get as creative or as simple as you want. Here are some of my favorite things to customize:
- Add your logo
- Add some header text like “New Website Coming February 2020! Get excited!”
- A clear call to action. Something for your visitors to do while they wait for the site to launch. Here are some great ideas:
- Embed your email opt in form or link to an opt-in landing page
- Link to your favorite social media for them to connect
- Leave your email address if you want clients / customers to contact you
- A background image (to add your personality & branding)
- Enable the “Well” – this will add a box around your content and make it stand out more
Head to the free Tech With Intention Facebook Group and share a screenshot of YOUR coming soon page in the group feed!