Keeping your website up to date every time a new year comes around is a big deal – not only does it make you look more professional, it is also important from a legal perspective as well. Make sure to follow these quick and simple Website Updates for the New Year every time that ball drops and you’ve kissed your sweetheart!
Watch & Learn
Website Updates for the New Year
We know everyone learns differently – if you prefer video, please watch the video tutorial above! If you’re someone who likes to read instead, we’ve written the tips out below!
Keeping your business website up to date is so important – it helps you look professional AND keeps your site looking current and fresh. We’ve split the list of items you need to make sure to update on your site into Legal Items & Everything Else!
Website Updates for the New Year – Legal Items
- All Rights Reserved Copyright Line On your Footer. Keeps your website copyrighted AND makes your content look fresh to death.
- If you have any sort of legal items (disclosures, etc) update the date and content with the most current information.
Website Updates for the New Year – Everything Else
- Content, buttons, paragraphs that reference years past or present (ie: “all booked for 2019!”)
- Seasonal sales, offers, opt-ins with new content
- “Been in business for 5 years…” (my recommendation, just say the year you started!)
- Delete out any unused pages & blog posts, fix broken links, plugins
- BONUS: Update your “As Seen On” press section!